Improve time-to-market with the Cloud Native environment
by R. Ashok Kumar, on Feb 16, 2022 6:00:29 PM
Estimated reading time: 2 mins
In dynamic markets, addressing the application development and change requirements in an agile manner is imperative. The traditional software development based on the waterfall model does not support this requirement of agility. As a result, the products and the change iterations reach the end-user well past the business need ceases to exist due to changing market scenarios. In most cases, the market scenario already changes prior to the release of the new build making the new developments obsolete. Cloud Native environment not only favors agile application development and iterations but also ensures that the changes reach the end-user at the right time. Cloud Native fulfills the expectations of the digital business environment on time.
Cloud Native environment is the essence of the digital world
The digital world demands agility and flexibility. The Cloud Native environment has inherent flexibility and agility. Application Containerization, which is characteristic of the Cloud environment, allows to build applications based on microservices architecture or disintegrate traditional on-premise applications, and host them on Cloud. It allows the enterprise to tap into the benefits of Hybrid Cloud and find the best fit among Service Providers to achieve their business goals. The Cloud Native environment allows building minimum viable products or MVPs that can be brought to the market and continuously integrated and deployed further with additional features based on end-customer inputs. This methodology improves customer delight that in turn influences the enterprise net promoter score in the digital world.
Advantages of the Cloud Native environmentThe Cloud Native environment resonates with the Agile and CloudDevOps methodologies. It offers –
- Agile environment: Supports continuous innovation, development, and integration based on customer inputs and encourages growth and expansion.
- Application resilience: Supports resilience and continuous availability with an inherent failover mechanism.
- Application portability: Allows to port the application through multiple Cloud environments to avail the best Cloud Native features that suit the evolving business goals.
- Lean architecture: Supports lean operations by eliminating operating overheads, expensive licenses, and software dependencies.
- Application abstraction: Abstracts the microservices architecture and exponentially improves application responsiveness.
- CI/CD: Allows to work on end-user suggestions in quick succession and continuously develop and integrate new application features for the next-day Go to Market.
Preliminaries of Cloud Native adoption
Certain points have to be noted before adopting the Cloud Native environment –
- Return on Investment: Shortlist the applications for migrating to the Cloud Native environment that support the fast rollout and faster return on investment (RoI).
- Time to Market: Adopt practices that support faster time to market, such as procuring ready builds of containers instead of building containers with open source self-service tools.
- Agile training platforms: Implement agile training methodologies that allow the technology proponents and ambassadors to learn the nuances of the Cloud Native environment.
Cloud Natives support faster Cloud adoption, rollout, and up-gradation of applications in the different engagements. Application Containerization and Microservices architecture form the basis of this agile environment that supports the faster time-to-market.