Drive Cyber Resilience with ServiceNow SecOps
by Sanjeev Shrivastava, on Sep 12, 2023 5:28:19 PM
Estimated reading time: 2 mins
Key takeaways from the blog
- Connected ecosystems demand much more than mere integration vis-à-vis the cyber-security perspective.
- ServiceNow has in-built security mechanisms that are necessary for end-to-end automation for large scale IoT and M2M projects.
- ServiceNow SOAR and MITRE ATT&CK drive seamless security automation across connected ecosystems.
Connected ecosystems with intersecting physical and security dimensions have immense potential. However, the enterprise has to go beyond integrated frameworks while automating the IoT and M2M space from a cyber-security perspective. The architectures have to be robust yet scale on demand and be secure. The complex ecosystems should identify and authenticate signals at each stage. Inbuilt trust is mandatory; however, contemporary IoT and M2M systems fall short in providing a seamless experience. ServiceNow offers end-to-end automation platform for IoT and M2M projects with in-built security layers.
How does ServiceNow make the cyber architecture resilient in Connected Ecosystems?
ServiceNow helps enterprises build an immutable trust in the IoT framework. It follows a Zero Trust policy that automatically eliminates system-level unauthenticated triggers at all times. It ensures continuous security across the IoT framework that stems from its SecOps at the core paradigm. ServiceNow secures the IoT automation framework with Service Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) and MITRE ATT&CK (Adversarial Tactics, Techniques, and Common Knowledge). These two functionalities ensure in-built security at the development stage (DevSecOps) resulting in seamless security automation across all layers.
Advantages of the ServiceNow platform for IoT and M2M architectures
ServiceNow offers multiple advantages over integrated IoT ecosystems. Following are a few of the advantages ServiceNow has over contemporary IoT frameworks –
- Agile security: It automates incident responses reducing the response time to seconds.
- Network topology identification: It reduces the cyberattack surface. It ensures faster problem area identification for faster resolution.
- Real-time analytics: It offers in-built analytics that pinpoints the attack intent for a faster and accurate response.
- Contextualization: ServiceNow automates the contextualization of the cyber incidents for auto-scaling and attuning the cybersecurity mechanisms.
- Systemic resilience: It automates routine monitoring, thus creating time for white-hacking to make the architecture cyber-resilient.
- Orchestration: It automatically scales up the orchestration mechanism for cyber monitoring and tracking.
ServiceNow builds in cyber-resilience in the M2M and IoT frameworks. The automation platform drives DevSecOps while laying the foundation of the connected ecosystem. It builds an immutable trust across the framework making it the preferred automation platform for large IoT and M2M projects.