Top 2022 force-multipliers and strategic technology trends
by Mitul Mehta, on Feb 10, 2022 6:33:49 PM
Estimated reading time: 3 mins
As enterprises seek new growth opportunities in the new world order, digital business augmented by technology shows significant promise. Business resilience, direct customer connect, scalable approaches, and cost-efficient solutions are the top priorities of the CXOs. Gartner® recommends enterprise leaders to “accelerate the growth of your enterprise by composing and enabling the force-multiplying technologies that will create the business opportunities that your CEO needs. Sculpt the rapid digitalization of your organization by releasing the creativity of multidisciplinary fusion teams of IT and business technologists. Engineer the scalability and trust required for cost-optimized operations by building a secure, resilient foundation for future IT operations based on cloud technologies.”
Strategic technology trends in 2022
Conspicuous technology trends are emerging through the eventful years of 2020, 2021, 2022 and are likely to continue beyond in all probability. As per Gartner®, CEOs are looking out for –
- "Accelerating growth
- Sculpting digital change
- Engineering trust"
We believe these business asks are fueling the rise of complementary sets of technologies and paradigm shifts. Some of these are –
- Cloud Native Environment
- AI & Cognitive Sciences
- Digital Experience
- Advanced Analytics & Data Sciences
- Research & Analytics for Customer Management
Top technology-enablers through Emerging Business TrendsAccording to us, Force-multiplying technology-enablers that drive the desired change and are going to play a prominent role in 2022 include –
- Cloud Native Environment: As remote work and hybrid work environment takes precedence, Cloud Natives environments and Hybrid Cloud are assuming renewed importance. Digital Workplaces powered by Cloud are highly resilient in constantly changing business conditions as they drive collaboration, scalability, agility, modularity, productivity, and efficiency.
Use cases: Digital Workplace for large and small to medium enterprises, trade finance powering multi-geography coordination, distributed cloud at the edge computing for resolving data residency issues, etc.
- Artificial Intelligence & Cognitive Sciences: As businesses churn out more and more unstructured data, enterprises put it to intelligent use for identifying intelligent patterns and actionable business insights to improve customer satisfaction, growth, and expansion even in the not-so-supportive market conditions. Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML) allows enterprises to aggregate data, perform contextual analysis, and visualize scenarios for understanding the bigger picture.
Use cases: Fraud detection engines, predictive analytics for heavy machinery maintenance, voice-activated assistance powered by artificial neural networks, identity access management (IAM), information mining, text classification, etc.
- Digital Experience: Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) and wearables/wearable technology applications for improving human engagement and monitoring are storming the post-pandemic world like never before.
Use cases: Remote troubleshooting of machines, improving engagement in remote learning interventions, virtual expositions/seminars, real estate tours & demos, augmented surgeries, augmented sporting arenas on OTT platforms, product visualizations/trials, etc.
- Hyperautomation: End-to-End process automation and solution architectures to achieve maximum automation for improving user experiences at all levels and capturing the market share is an upcoming trend. Hyperautomation is the vehicle to achieve this desired goal. Robotics, intelligent document processing, integration platform as a service, intelligent business process management, and low code/no-code automation platforms allow enterprises to achieve the desired end goal.
Use cases: Straight Through Processing at all levels of business interactions, reducing turnaround time, reducing OpEx, streamlining processes, improving cash flow, etc.
- Advanced Analytics & Data Sciences: The technology allows to leverage deep analytics by using huge data volumes or Big Data Analytics. The bigger the data volume the better is the training of the analytics models and accurate is the outcome.
Use cases: Consumer sentiment analysis, capability augmentation, outlier detection/fraud identification, time series analysis & trend analysis, interactive visualizations, predicting future scenarios, etc.
- Research & Analytics for Customer Management: The technology allows to integrate and unify diverse data points for creating a 360-degree view of consumers and their behaviours. It allows to create strategic value across the value chain as well as improve brand recollection.
Use cases: The technology is primarily leveraged for omnichannel customer management and driving digital customer experience beyond the conventional contact center solutions.
As CEOs look forward to growing business and building business momentum, prominent force-multiplier technologies are coming to the fore and driving the desired change. Broadly clubbed under key themes of accelerating growth, sculpting change, and engineering trust, Gartner® specifies that the key technologies are defining the future of IT innovation across the global spectrum.
Gartner®, Top Strategic Technology Trends for 2022, David Groombridge, Frances Karamouzis, Arun Chandrasekaran, Bart Willemsen, Jitendra Subramanyam, Daniel Stang, Anthony Mullen, Nick Jones, Jason Wong, Kevin Gabbard, Stephanie Stoudt-Hansen, Pieter den Hamer, Yefim Natis, Dennis Smith, Felix Gaehtgens, Mark Beyer, 18 October 2021
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.