Adopt a 360 degree work culture or Work from Home through Cloud solutions and operations
by Shashi Bhargava, on Nov 6, 2020 5:20:36 PM
Estimated reading time: 3 mins
Manmade disasters, natural disasters, pandemic waves, curfews, lockdowns, traffic congestions take a toll on businesses. The resulting cumulative losses run into millions of dollars and keep ticking on with time. Recently, as we witnessed economy tailspins due to resurgent pandemics, our world literally came to a standstill. However, governments and think tanks played good samaritans to avoid disasters in the global spiralling down and came up with timely measures. Migrating to Cloud solutions and operations was just one of the measures that the majority chose to adopt – not only to ensure business continuity but also improve productivity through remote collaborative spaces.
Cloud effectively offers a 360 work culture that supports the anywhere enterprise paradigm – you can work from office or from home or from any other remote location to continue with Business as Usual. Sometimes local systems fail resulting in unscheduled downtime. Cloud systems ensure continuity and enable to quickly switch back to the work on cloud by using another client machine without any significant disruption in work. Engineers and students can connect with their institutions through enterprise devices or personal devices to prevent an unsolicited break in their work and academic years through the Cloud model. It truly offers the anywhere enterprise paradigm through monthly, yearly, and hourly subscriptions.
How Cloud solutions and operations enable the anywhere enterprise or Work from Home?
As enterprises choose hybrid operations and work from home as the way ahead amidst changing social scenarios, Cloud solutions and operations emerge as the preferred business model. Cloud enables enterprises to purse the anywhere enterprise business model. Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud solutions and operations offer the much needed flexibility and agility.
SaaS is much beyond the regular Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), which is hosted on premise. SaaS applications are hosted from cloud and offer on-demand, reserved capacity, while not involving any capital expenditure. It offers encryption of data during transit and at rest and offers scheduled disaster recovery drills. SaaS involves minimal operational costs and reduces overall expenditure.
Cloud solutions enable enterprises and students to effectively connect with their community and drive business continuity through thick and thin. Watch Cloud experts discuss WHF operations>
Being hosted from cloud, SaaS applications can be accessed from anywhere. It can be availed in different modes:
- Desktop as a Service (DaaS): Pre-selected standard applications can be quickly accessed as DaaS in a pay per use mode, by enterprises and entrepreneurs with centralized monitoring access to admin user.
- Application as a Service (AaaS): High-end engineering software and other proprietary applications can be accessed from desktops and laptops with regular configurations without any software or configuration upgrades. It can be used as monthly and hourly subscriptions.
- Content Collaboration: It allows to create/edit and share content, anytime anywhere through an enterprise-grade secure framework. It can be accessed through any device. By using APIs, it can be integrated with enterprise applications. The cost is as per number of active users.
- Meetings & Communication: It allows to chat, meet, share screen, and call, in a pay as you go mode. Cloud-based meetings and communications allow seamless collaboration between geographically dispersed teams.
- Virtual contact centre: It offers a compact solution to contact centre employees, who can handle inbound and outbound customer communication from home or remote locations. It is highly scalable over the cloud and supports issue resolution in real-time.
- VPN connection: It easily adapts to the network and user load. It does not require any hardware and software installation and can be accessed over the cloud through multi-factor authentication. Admin users can monitor the cloud VPN usage through a central console.
The major benefits of Cloud solutions and operations
While the Cloud migration reduces capital expenditure and enables to effectively shift to a predictable operational expenditure model, through pay per use flexibility, the Cloud paradigm offers immense benefits.
- Quick migration to the SaaS mode
- Simplified operations over a collaborative platform
- Accessibility through any device
- Scalable concurrent user access
- Data encryption in storage and transit
- Disablement of data copying to client device
Cloud solutions and operations enable enterprises to adopt a 360 degree work culture or the anywhere enterprise model. It allows to work through remote locations and from home over collaborative workspaces on the cloud to continue with Business as Usual. It improves productivity as it literally eliminates any downtime. It offers “the remedial solution” to business disruptions due to disasters and virulent contagions.